Are you leveraging the power of social media for your brand? When we talk with clients about the importance of a social media presence, we receive a range of feedback. Some businesses are all about getting social, and others feel that the digital scene is only for Millenials and tech startups. What about you? Whether you’re a ‘Social Suzy’ or not, you’ll find this roundup of facts and figures fascinating.
Social Media By the Numbers
- Facebook claims the largest number of social media users – over 1.49 billion.
- Experiment on the loose! Twitter was originally intended as an internal messaging service, but now is a platform powered by 316 million users and 500 million tweets per day.
- Video for days…or a lifetime: Every minute, over 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube. In 60 days, more content is uploaded to YouTube than was broadcast by the 3 major U.S. networks in the past 60 years.
- New kids on the block: Periscope and Meerkat are the two newest major players in the social media space, with a focus on video streaming.
- Instagram capitalizes on the two hottest trends in social media of the 21st century – a mobile platform and visual focus.
- Speaking of mobile, Facebook has over 655 million ‘mobile-only’ users.
Considering these facts and figures, it’s impossible to ignore the fact that people love social media. They love to watch, share, and interact with other users and businesses or brands. So use these platforms to connect with your audiences and grow your clients. By sharing and listening on social media, a business can receive valuable feedback, make positive connections, and grow market share.
Of course, not everyone is a ‘Social Suzy.’ So if you feel shy about making a splash on social media, then we’re here to help. We have a whole suite of Internet marketing options to help you connect with clients and gain a ‘Black Tie’ edge!