In 1989, Back to the Future II transported Marty McFly and Doc Brown to the year 2015. The film was full of predictions about a futuristic, technologically advanced world – complete with hoverboards, robots, video calling, and even inside-out pants. Well, it’s 2015 and the future is here! Not all of Doc Brown’s visions for the future came true (yet), but they weren’t all misses either.
Some of the more accurate predictions for the world of 2015 include:
- The decline of the U.S. Postal Service
- The ability to pay without cash or credit cards (thanks to Apple Pay, the Starbucks App, and more)
- Video Calls as a communications reality.
- Dwindling popularity of paper books in favor of digital applications.
What did industry leaders predict for the top trends in digital media in 2015? Let’s take a look back from earlier this year:
- More relevant email content: Less fluff, better content.
- Brands will become more human-like and less robot-like in their online presence.
- Content strategy will make the transition from being keyword-focused to reader-focused.
- Companies will stick with the online marketing strategies that are tried-and-true.
- Mobile-optimization will become paramount, not an afterthought.
- Content marketing will encompass all departments.
- Social strategies will move from being ‘sales-y’ to building a community that naturally enhances a company’s market share.
While it’s still too soon to say how completely these digital marketing predictions have come true, it’s an excellent time to see whether or not your business is incorporating these ideals. July 1st marked the official halfway point of the year, so now is the perfect time to see how your digital marketing strategy is performing and if there is still room for improvement. With just under six months left in 2015, your digital marketing strategy can still be your biggest salesperson of the year. If you need a helping hand, then give us a call today!