We may know a thing or two about website design and content marketing strategy, but Chipotle has us beat when it comes to fresh burritos and killer guacamole. Until maybe now. Just last week, the famous fast casual Mexican chain that we L-O-V-E here at Black Tie released the recipe for their highly coveted guacamole to the masses. Needless to say, our team was thrilled – since not only do we love content marketing, but we are major fans of Chipotle, their ingredient sourcing strategy, and yes…the guacamole.
In case you missed it, we have included the full Chipotle guacamole recipe and how-to here. No super secret ingredients or fancy techniques are involved (except how to choose a ripe avocado). So make a trip to your closest fresh produce market to pick up the ingredients, then grab a bowl and get to work. In a short amount of time, you will be holding a bowl of green goodness so good you’ll want to start charging $1.80 to your friends each time they come over for a taste. After all, yours will be just as good as the Chipotle original. Just kidding – but really, several members of the Black Tie team made this over the weekend and the consensus was that this is the real deal. And as Chipotle fanatics, we consider ourselves experts in all things that come in a burrito (or bowl).
So take your midweek snack up a notch and whip up some guacamole tonight. Pair it with pita wedges, baby carrots, or the classic tortilla chip. Some of us here at Black Tie are guilty of eating it straight from the bowl with a spoon – but we’ll keep that our little secret. The important thing is that Chipotle has shared their big secret and guacamole lovers the world over can rejoice. Let the fiesta begin!
The How-To (straight from the source):
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.