13 Important Statistics You Need To Know Going Into 2013
At Black Tie Digital Marketing, we know that the trends are always changing and you may be asking yourself, “What should I be focusing on in the new year?” Well here are 13 statistics to help answer that question.
1. By EOY more than 60 percent of Fortune 500 companies will “actively engage” customers with Facebook marketing – up 20 percent from 4th Q 2011 (Source: Gartner).
2. Brands are receiving 1,985,000 interactions across all social channels each quarter (Source: Spredfast Social Engagement Index Report)
3. On average, brands are engaging at least 29 employees internally to activate their social presence(s) (Source: Spredfast Social Engagement Index Report).
4. 17 percent of customers have used social in past year to get customer service response (American Express 2012 customer barometer).
5. Page views in social are 94 percent higher when they contain an image or visual element (Source: Brafton).
6. 34 percent of marketers have generated leads using Twitter (source: Digital Buzz Blog)
7. Pinterest referrals spend 70 percent more money than visitors referred from non-social channels (source: Search Engine Journal).
8. LinkedIn was found to be 277 percent more effective at lead generation than any other social network (Source: Hubspot).
9. 69 percent of follows on Twitter are suggested by friends (source: Web Analytics World).
10. During SXSW this year, the brands sponsoring the event potentially reached 33,154,224 people via Twitter. (Source:MediaPost & Adrants)
11. 23 percent of Facebook’s users check their account 5 or more times daily (source: Socialnomics).
12. 80 percent of social media users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook (source:Business2Community).
13. 38 percent of consumers report that discounts and money saving vouchers are most important to them when following a brand in social, with information about new Products and Sales being a close second at 36% (Pitney Bowes study).
These statistics are showing that Social Media Marketing is not a trend and it’s here to stay. One of the best ways to connect to your customers is via social media. Everyone loves to be the first to know about a product, offer, or special your company is running and the best way to get that information out there is by using social media. So in 2013, make sure you stay up to date with your social media networks and connect with your customers on a daily basis. If you are having trouble managing your Social Media Marketing in Melbourne, Florida then give our team at Black Tie Digital Marketing a call today to see how we can help you!