Black Tie Digital Marketing knows that it’s often difficult to create a Facebook status or Twitter update that people will respond to, so often times it is appropriate to ask a question to spark a conversation. In traditional marketing strategies, marketers “pushed” information onto consumers and there was only a one-way dialogue. Examples of these marketing tactics would be: TV commercials, radio ads, and billboards. With online marketing becoming so popular, marketers have entered into a two-way communication with consumers—also known as “pull marketing.”
Now when a customer is interested in finding more information about a certain company, they can visit the company’s website or their social media networks and find answers to their questions. Consumers are now also able to voice their questions, comments, and concerns to the company in a more efficient manner. Moving into a two-way dialogue has inspired marketers to ask questions in order to engage their audience. Likeable Social Media written by Dave Kerpen discusses the “Five Questions You Can Ask Your Community” anytime:
- What would you like to see more of in this community?
- Who are you inspired by the most?
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve used our product?
- When did you first use our service?
- Why did you like this page?
Questions are a fantastic way to encourage your followers to talk to you and begin developing a personal relationship with them. But in order for your questions to be effective, you must also make sure to listen to what your customers are saying. If they had a poor experience or if they have a complaint, make sure to listen and respond appropriately. Dave Kerpen also explains that asking questions creates marketing value in these four ways:
- Helping you guide the social media conversation without appearing forceful.
- Allowing you to become consumer-centric marketers rather than brand-centered marketers.
- Demonstrating that you value openness, honesty, and feedback.
- Showing that you care about what your customers have to say.
So next time you are struggling to create a post on one of your social media networks, the consider asking a question to spark a conversation and develop a personal connection with your customers. If you need help with Internet Marketing in Melbourne, Florida then please give our team at Black Tie Digital Marketing a call.