Taking a Page from the Digital Marketing Dictionary
At Black Tie Digital Marketing we know marketing, and we love sharing our knowledge with our customers to help grow their business! As a full-service boutique agency we provide many services that some people didn’t even know existed. While web design is a huge part of making your Internet presence rock, there are a multitude of factors involved just to get visitors to your awesome new website! We’d like to take a moment to cover some of the most common, (and possibly confusing) words and acronyms referring to Melbourne, FL web design and Internet marketing.
- Above the Fold: This is the content that appears on your screen when you first land on a page, without scrolling down. Once you scroll down, you’re then viewing “below the fold.” When it comes to Google search results, you definitely want to be above the fold incase the user never bothers to scroll down.
- CTR: Click-through rate is expressed as a percentage and refers to the total clicks your link was clicked by a user, and divided by the number of times your link was shown. This kind of ratio is helpful when measuring the effectiveness of your AdWords campaign.
- Meta Data: This information tells search engines what your website is about and the data are used as an important search engine ranking factor.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is made of multiple factors working together to impact your organic ranking on Google, which uses algorithms to produce search results. When people search keywords related to your business or industry, this multi-faceted practice influences where your listing appears on the search results pages.
- WordPress: This is the web design platform we prefer as your Melbourne, FL web design agency. Its innovative capabilities and user-friendliness make it our top choice for building your website.
When it comes to digital marketing, this mini dictionary is just the tip of the iceberg, but it’s a great place to start! For a complete digital marketing glossary, please click here. If you’re ready to give your business the world-class Internet presence it deserves, don’t hesitate to call your Melbourne, FL web design agency today. Your business rocks—we’ll help you show it!