What You Missed at Social Media Marketing World 2015
If you’re looking to grow your business through the ever-expanding realm of social media, then you’ve come to the right place. Social Media Marketing World 2015, a major social media get-together for industry influencers took place just a few short weeks ago in San Diego, California. The event provided eager marketers and social media techies with an opportunity to gather together and listen to incredible industry leaders tell their tales of sweet social success.
Because Social Media Marketing World is such a huge event, Donna Moritz of Social Media Examiner sifted through the aftermath in her recent article, and we’ve selected a few key points to share with you here. Consider the following when marketing your business online in 2015:
- Video is only going to get bigger. While it doesn’t appear that YouTube will be stepping aside for Facebook videos just yet, Facebook is certainly making a charge. Native embedded videos on Facebook are expected to go onward and upward.
- Visual content generates both traffic and sales. At Black Tie Digital Marketing, we’ve been huge proponents of sharing visual imagery as a way to drive traffic. The results are in, and visual content is resulting in sales. Custom, eye-catching imagery is more compelling than just plain text.
- Organic reach is thriving on Facebook. If you’re getting ready to jump the Facebook ship–think again. Social media pros like Holly Homer posts to Facebook 26 times a day, and sees the reward. Homer recommends re-tweaking past posts so that users have a second chance at seeing them.
- Pinterest is a search powerhouse. Pinterest is growing, and therefore is a good place to begin building your brand. Pinterest, like other platforms has a unique style, so focus on keywords over hashtags.
- Give yourself a new perspective. Are you posting like a marketer or a fan? Which types of posts generate the most interaction?
- Don’t ignore complaints. According to Jay Baer, author of #HugYourHaters, responding to complaints can increase advocacy by 20%.
When it comes to marketing your business online, social media is a great place to facilitate authentic engagement. Contact our Melbourne office at 321.236.6645 when you’re ready to learn more about how the Black Tie Digital Marketing team will up your social media marketing game.